Tel: +33 (0) 6 71 61 09 26

Property Search

We are ideally placed to help you find tenants for your holiday rentals or buy to let investments – we can help find tenants for gites, second homes, houses currently for sale, long term lets and even chambres d’hote guests. We have a growing data base of buyers who are actively house hunting in France. All of them will want to stay here at some point – and what better way to find out about the area you plan to live in than to stay with or rent through people who have actually made the move themselves.

Our buyers rent for a couple of days while they view their short lists, or a couple of weeks while they holiday in their chosen area. At the other end of the scale they may be looking for accommodation for several months while they take a sabbatical from a stressful life back home or check out an area thoroughly before making that big decision – whereabouts in France they finally put down their roots.

We are not lawyers and not well placed to give the best advice as to tenancy agreements and contracts. Landlord and tenant law in France is complex and tenants have rights that UK tenants, for example, never enjoy, so please ensure that you have taken professional advice before you hand over the keys to your property or countersign sign a lease. That being said, you should not be put off by “the system” as many people rent property in France very successfully and find that the rents they receive provide a valuable income stream.

We divide our rental properties into three categories:

Chambres d’hotes

This is the French equivalent of “Bed and Breakfast” in the UK, with the principal being that guests live in the same household as their hosts (essentially they all share the same front door/entrance hall and there are no more than five guest bedrooms to let – otherwise you become a hotel).

Holiday lets

These are rentals of less than four weeks, either in a “gite” (pronounced “jeet”) specifically designed as holiday accommodation, or in someone’s holiday home which the owner rents out to provide extra income. The properties need to be fully furnished and ideally have the sort of items/information/equipment designed to make people’s holidays stress free and fun. After all – you want them to recommend your holiday house to their friends and come back themselves next year.

If you advertise your holiday let or chambres d’hote business with us we ask you to advertise for a one year period, which can, of course, be renewed annually.

Long term lets

We class a long a term let as four weeks or more. We would strongly recommend that our advertisers take detailed professional advice if they rent to people who do not have a principal home somewhere else or if they are renting unfurnished property, whatever the length of time they are letting their property for – just to be on the safe side. If you are advertising a property for long term rental you can take out an advert with us for three months at a time as it is unlikely you would want or need to advertise for a full year.

How do you advertise with us?

For all of the above categories – when you decide to advertise with us we will send you a simple questionnaire to fill in which gives us the essential details of your property. You can pay us by bank transfer, direct debit, credit or debit card or Paypal. If you have a web site or your own brochure or links to Trip Adviser etc. we can add these to your advert on our site. Photographs, of course, are of the utmost importance as they speak a thousand words (as the saying goes) in every language. Once we have the form and photographs back from you we create your advert, get your approval and load it onto our website. All enquiries are sent to you to deal with directly and neither you nor the tenant pays us any further fee.

See our charges and advertise with us

Property Portals